WORTH IT: 2013 Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market

Recently, I had just purchased the 2013 Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market.  The last time I purchased this yearly edition was about 5 years ago.  Every year I check out the articles and I have to say this year has some of the best interviews, query samples, and articles I have read in awhile.  I don't buy the market guide every year because as an illustrator the book doesn't always focus on illustrators trying to break in the industry.  One of my favorite market guides was the 2002-2003 edition.  If you can find it on Amazon or some other trustworthy store online, I would strongly recommend getting it, as it is jam packed with information on pursuing a career as an illustrator (contains visuals!!).  Because I have seriously considered dabbling into writing, I believe the 2013 edition has a nice blend of information for the author/illustrator - not to mention that it also focuses on the importance of blogging, even has a special section on that particular subject for illustrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment